Marketing & Communications Menu
Marketing & Communications
The Marketing & Communications department supports the Territorial Directive College, all departments, and all federated institutions of the Regnum Christi Federation with promoting and safeguarding the visual identity, handling public relations and media relations, promoting a culture of communication, collaborating with the other communications offices throughout the world, coaching and supporting in times of crisis, and equipping RC members with tools and resources to help further the mission in respect to communications and marketing.
Resources for Locality Communications Coordinators
How to Add Local Events to the RC Events Calendar for Your locality
How to create an event
- To add a new event go to: https://www.regnumchristi.com/en/events/community/add/
- Log in using your Regnum Christi Word Press User Information
- Add the Event Title
- Enter Event Description.
- Any text the organizer wishes to include.
- What is offered at the event, i.e., sacraments, talks, meditations, snacks, meals, etc.
- Link to register: use all caps, i.e. REGISTER, then highlight and add a link to the registration form. Select open in a new window.
- To embed a video, find the video on YouTube > select Share > select Embed > copy code and enter it into the text editor tab.
- Enter the Time & Date
- Upload an image from your computer. IMPORTANT: The image aspect ratio needs to be 16:9 or 800×450 pixels. It can be a .jpg, .png, or .gif under 128 MB in size. To avoid copyright infringement is very important that you have the legal right to use this image. For a selection of images you can use for various kinds of events click here.
- In the Event Categories box, select your locality. This filter is used to display your calendar on your locality webpage.
- In the Event Tags box use tags that correspond to your event type and audience, and wil match the information you input in steps 13 and 14 below ( for example mission , reflection, weekend retreat, young men, young women, young adults, boys, etc…)
- Set the Event Status as scheduled.
- Create or choose a venue from the drop-down menu
- Check the dropdown for the venue and select
- If the venue is not there, enter the name of the venue and the rest of the fields will appear
- Enter the address, city, state, and zip (do not enter the location website or phone; it is better for registrants to contact you with their questions)
- Set options to display a Google Map for the venue.
- Enter the Organizer or choose an organizer from the dropdown menu.
- Enter the name in the Title; select or create a new organizer
- Enter how the organizer wishes to be contacted, phone, email, or both.
- In the Event Website section, enter the Event Website page where people can get more information or register.
- Select the ‘Event Type.’ Only able to select one type. This field will be used to filter and search for events.
- Select the ‘Event for.’ Can select more than one group. This field will be used to filter and search for events.
- Enter the Event Cost.
- When ready, Submit Event. This sends a draft of your event for approval and publication.
How to edit an event
- Go to: https://www.regnumchristi.com/en/events/community/list/
- Locate the event to edit and under the event title select Edit. This is also where you can delete an event.
- Make changes as needed.
- Select Update Event.
Social Media Training
Getting Started on Instagram
Click here for the PDF document that is referenced in the video.
If you want to skip to a particular topic, you can use these timestamps:
0:21 – What is Instagram & why we use it
0:54 – How to get an account
1:52 – Posting Images
2:37 – Using Links
3:10 – Using Hashtags
Taking Instagram to the Next Level
Getting Started on YouTube
Taking YouTube to the Next Level
In this video, we walk through setting upload defaults, copyright claims, managing your community & comments, and best practices for live streaming. Follow the timestamps below if you’d like to skip to a certain part.
Getting Started on Facebook
0:55 How Facebook is Used
1:56 Creating a Personal Account
2:52 Creating a Page
4:48 Posting to Your Page
5:53 Scheduling a Post
7:07 Adding more Admins
7:43 Sharing Posts to Your Page
9:06 Pinning Posts